5.07.2012

Catch-Up: Ketchup: Catsup

I am probably the worst blogger EVER but I have a good excuse for my slacking off...it's called SCHOOL. These past three months I have been finishing up my last semester of college ever! So between student teaching Monday through Friday from 8:30- 4:00 and working at Sports Authority, I was also trying to be a good wife and keep our house in order and spend as much time as I could with Josh. So after the excuses I still want to catch-up everyone on our exciting past 3 months of being newlyweds. We've had so much fun! Read up:

My First REAL Valentine!
February 14, 2012
This was Josh and I's first Valentine's Day together and it is the one I will never forget because he is my first true valentine that I can say I truly love. So on lover's day I woke up extra early and made him Belgian waffles for breakfast. Then I created a little scavenger hunt for him and the gift was at the end. Each heart had a sentence written on it that I especially love about him. The hearts were placed throughout the house, each heart hidden in a place corresponding  to the clue from the previous heart. For example one of the hearts said, 'I love that you are athletic and enjoy playing sports' so the next clue was taped onto the remote. I enjoyed watching him find the hidden hearts. I believe it to be true that men tend to be blind...you'll see why in the fourth picture below!
Valentine's Day breakfast


The hearts for the scavenger hunt


'I love your obsession with Oreo's'

This is the blind one...Josh COULD NOT see the heart. So funny

Opening the gift



3 Month Anniversary
February 19, 2012
I know for some of you 3 months of being married is nothing but time has just flown right by for us! This month it will be 6 months. We have learned and grown so much as a couple. Anyways, for our 3 month anniversary Josh surprised me with a candle light dinner with my favorite meal-- mandarin orange spinach salad, fettuccine alfredo with chicken, coconut shrimp, garlic bread and brownies for dessert. It was a Sunday and I had to work late that day but when I came home my favorite meal was sitting before me. He was so cute about it too because he was trying to surprise me with what he was going to cook. I am so impressed because he did some research online and found recipes to make all of the food. He is such a fantastic cook! Sometimes I wonder why he doesn't just cook for us all the time...

The dinner-- PS the beautiful flower arrangement on the table is what Josh got me for V-Day :)







The Lucky Slice Pizza = Not So Lucky!
March 2, 2012
For Josh's birthday all he wanted was to go to the Jazz vs. Heat game in SLC (simple enough). He was so excited about it and bought the tickets like a month in advance! Our friends Checketts and April came along with us. On our way down to the game we stopped at his cousin Mike's restaurant The Lucky Slice Pizza in Ogden. Mike hooked us up with hot wings, pizza, and bread sticks. It was absolutely delicious and I would recommend it to everyone (except Josh had to make a pit stop at the gas station on our way to the game due to the hot wings). I figured from eating there we would bring some luck to the basketball game, but unfortunately that didn't happen. Usually when I would go to Jazz games I am cheering for the Jazz but I guess Josh has switched me over. It was weird to be the outcasts in the stands cheering for the away team. I can't remember the final score or all that happened during the game but the Jazz turned out with a win. The heat were not so hot that night. It was fun to be able to see Miami play live twice in a season (once in Miami when we were on our honeymoon).


'The Lucky Slice Pizza'

Heat fans at the Jazz game. Rebels!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! i love that you updated!!! maybe now you'll have lots of time for that since school's over! it was so fun talking to you last night :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I sure will have more time to keep the blog up to date! Yes I loved talking to you last week as well. We will have to do that more often.

      Delete