5.14.2012

I did it: COLLEGE GRADUATE!

I can't believe I have been in college for four years and finally graduated last Saturday at the age of 22! I never dreamed of this day coming.  I have learned so many valuable things that have impacted me for the better. My freshman year of college I decided to move out of my parent's house and move in with some friends in a house just off campus. Buying food, paying for gas, staying up late, having a part-time job on top of school, and dealing with other roommates was a huge adjustment for me. It was also a scare when my GPA slipped from a 3.9 to significantly lower than that in one semester. I had to learn the hard way the importance of attending class and studying for countless hours to get the grades I did in high school. I was so blessed to have my family live in the same area I went to college because they were always there for me when I needed them most, when I needed a place to stay, or just a home-cooked meal! I have met many lifelong friends and most importantly my husband :) during my college journey! I would never take my college years back for anything.





On Friday night, the day before graduation, my family/ close friends and I went to dinner at The Coppermill to celebrate. My mom was so sweet and bought cute "teacher decorations" to place around the tables and also a graduation cake and cupcakes. I love the quote about teachers, it is so true!

Josh and I

Mand and Dad
Mom and Rick   



Larry and Ellen

Jeanine and Brad
Craig and Linda
Carrie and Bailey






GRADUATION DAY:
My Level 3 buds
Shayly- one of my good college friends

Getting my diploma
Friends since 5th grade and all the way through college
So grateful that my Papa was willing to pay for my college
Sissy's (Yes, I'm taller but I wore monster heels that day)
Next year this is where Josh will be (crossing our fingers ;)
Love my parents. They have been a huge support to me!


1 comment: