6.16.2013

Appointment #2

---May 15, 2013---

Today was the second appointment and since Josh had left for Arizona on Monday, I invited Mandee to come with me. She hasn't  had the opportunity to have kids yet so I thought it would be fun to her to come and experience it. At this point I was still feeling excellent minus the tiredness kicking in, but I can't complain. As long as I could get my nap in everyday after I got home from school I felt a lot better. Everything looked and felt fine once again. I'm so grateful to have a healthy body to carry this baby. This time as the doctor was doing the ultrasound and checking the heart beat we were experiencing a little stubbornness in the baby (I wonder where that came from??!!) The doctor would press down harder on my uterus area and we would hear the heart beat for about 3 beats until there was a "thud" and then silence, which the doctor described as the baby kicking and/or pushing away from the pressure. He tried again and the same thing happened. It was funny and reminded me of when I try to tickle Josh or give him a back scratch and he pushes me away. I guess he/she is just like daddy and isn't a touchy feely kind of person.

There he/she is!! 12 weeks, about the size of a lime

No comments:

Post a Comment