7.04.2013

Henry's Lake

--June 23-27--
Back when I was just a youngster, the Geary's had a tradition of spending a few days at Henry's Lake every summer where we would stay in cabins, fish, visit Yellowstone, and spend time with our cousins. After grandpa passed away we stopped doing it. This year my aunt was so great to plan and coordinate a trip for us to go there and reminisce just like old times.
I had such a wonderful time being around my cousins and their kids and spending more time with my dad. We had the chance to visit Yellowstone and watch Old Faithful, visit the towns of Virginia and Nevada City, and catch some fish! Although I missed Josh like crazy, this time was harder leaving my family because I knew it would be a few months before I would be seeing them again, but I'm grateful for the short amount of time I had with them.

Bear World-- don't worry we had to stay in the vehicle at all times

People feeding the bears

Not zoomed in at all--
This bear got a little too friendly and came to the drivers side door and tried to bite the door handle off!

our cabin was @ Wild Rose Ranch

Old Faithful

                                              Virginia & Nevada City (now ghost towns):



Old fashioned mail boxes

A parlor- check out that wallpaper!

Classroom
Proud daddy's girl who caught her first fish
(he took care of the nitty gritty parts)


No comments:

Post a Comment